Well, isn’t this a doggone treat? You can watch the first six minutes of the highly praised PAW Patrol: The Movie right now! Paramount Pictures has released a sneak peek so parents can get their kids hyped about the new movie, which is in theaters today.
PAW Patrol has been on the air for eight seasons, garnering legions of adoring young fans who were drawn to the precious pups and their heroic acts and now they’re headed for big-screen antics. The PAW Patrol is on a roll, facing off against their biggest rival, Humdinger, who starts wreaking havoc as the Mayor of nearby Adventure City. Ryder and everyone’s favorite heroic pups kick into high gear to face the challenge head-on.
While one pup must face his past in Adventure City, the team finds help from a new ally, the savvy dachshund Liberty. Together, armed with exciting new gadgets and gear, the PAW Patrol fights to save the citizens of Adventure City! Joining the PAW Patrol in their thrilling first big-screen adventure are members from the original series’ cast along with Iain Armitage, Marsai Martin, Yara Shahidi, Kim Kardashian West, Randall Park, Dax Shepard, with Tyler Perry and Jimmy Kimmel, and Will Brisbin.
Other News : Joker 2019 Film Streaming
The first six minutes of the film reveal just how dire the stakes are for the PAW Patrol as they jump into action to save a trucker as his vehicle careens over the side of a bridge. And of course, the canine heroes swiftly rescue the trucker because this is PAW Patrol and not Final Destination. One pup even deploys waffles, pancakes, and French toast to save the day!
- In what seems like the latest in a series of weekly tests, movies’ box office this weekend faces its busiest wide-release schedule in a while – but with a decent chance that Disney (NYSE:DIS) stays on top with a week-old release.
- The Mouse House’s action comedy Free Guy was a pleasant surprise with a $28 million-plus opening last weekend, and it faces competition from four new wide releases, though none of them sporting blockbuster vibes.
- Paramount’s PAW Patrol: The Movie takes on the thorny challenge of becoming a theatrical draw for kids (most of whom cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19). Its opening has been bumped to 3,184 theaters, though it’s also streaming simultaneously on Paramount+ (VIAC, VIACA) – so whether it can take the No. 1 spot is anyone’s guess now.
- And that film marks a small test for Paramount, which has one of the year’s highest-grossing films in A Quiet Place Part II (with $159.9 million in cumulative domestic grosses so far, and $295.9 million worldwide).
- Both those films are likely to draw close to $13-14 million in ticket sales domestically.
- Also taking on Free Guy is Reminiscence (NYSE:T), a thriller directed by Westworld co-creator Lisa Joy and starring Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson. It’s likely pacing toward a smaller $5 million opening.
- And assassin-action film The Protégé (LGF.A, LGF.B), starring Michael Keaton, Maggie Q and Samuel L. Jackson, also takes its licks – though in just 2,577 theaters, with a track toward some $3 million-plus.
- The other wide release this weekend is a small horror film – surprisingly, one of Disney’s (coming through its acquired Searchlight label): The Night House, set to debut in more than 2,200 theaters and draw a similar $3 million range.
Also Read : Is The Don’t Breathe 2 Available for Streaming?